Friday, September 17, 2010

Global Food Crisis Hits Spokane!

The fallout of the recent global oil shortage and subsequent food crisis has finally arrived here in the Inland Empire. Thus far things are still relatively calm due to the large amount of locally grown food avaiable in the area. However, I have to say that I will get pretty sick of fish, onions, apples and potatoes before long.

Much of the rest of the country and world has not been so luck. Food riots have begun in many less stable countries (see video below) and larger cities like San Francisco are having serious issues with the availability of food and other products that used to be common. I've added an independant news report below from San Fran as an example. I'll soon be posting my own video blog of the situation here in Spokane.



No comments:

Post a Comment